The Carmel Station neighborhood is centrally located in South Charlotte off Carmel Road and just north of Pineville-Matthews Road (Rt. 51). Residents of Carmel Station have easy access to Pineville-Matthews Road (Rt. 51) and I-485. The neighborhood is just 10 miles south of uptown Charlotte.
Carmel Station is an established neighborhood with mature trees built between 1978 and 1985. The neighborhood features an array of home styles from ranch-style to 2 story homes with dramatic 2-story great rooms. This neighborhood is highly sought after due in large part to the great location.
Carmel Station residents are served by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system with the highly regarded schools of:
- Smithfield Elementary
- Quail Hollow Middle School
- South Mecklenburg High School.
Top private schools and preschools are also located close by.
Carmel Station enjoys many local and national businesses located nearby:
- Harris YMCA: featuring youth and adult sports, recreation, fitness center, swimming pools, gymnastics center, dance school, and exercise (3 miles away)
- South Park Mall and Philip’s Place: one of Charlotte’s most popular shopping, dining, and entertainment areas featuring Nordstrom, Dick’s Sporting Goods, American Girl Store, H&M, and a variety of restaurants (less than 5 miles away)
- Stonecrest; a unique retail and dining experience where families enjoy live concerts and Regal Cinemas (less than 5 miles away)
- Ballantyne Area: including the Ballantyne Village and the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge (less than 5 miles away)
- Blakeney Area: a popular shopping, dining, and entertainment destination; featuring national retailers including Target, HomeGoods/Marshalls, Banana Republic, and Victoria’s Secret, boutique shops, variety of restaurants and more. (7 miles away)