The Firethorne Country Club neighborhood is located on the NC/SC border. Firethorne is on almost 400 acres just minutes from Ballantyne and Blakeney, neighboring South Charlotte. A section of the neighborhood is located in Marvin, NC (Union County) and another section in Fort Mill, SC (Lancaster County).
Developed in 1998, Firethorne homes were built by several of Charlotte’s finest upscale, custom homebuilders, construction of the Firethorne. Prices range from $600,000 to $1.5 million with an array of single-family, semi-custom, and custom homes ranging typically from 3,500 sq. ft. to 9,000 sq. ft. with some exceeding 9,000 sq. ft. . Home lots average approximately .75 acres to just over an acre with many homes on the golf course.
Firethorne homes located in Marvin, N.C. are served by the Union County School system with the highly regarded schools of Marvin Elementary School, Marvin Ridge Middle School, and Marvin Ridge High School. Firethorne homes located in Fort Mill, S.C. are served by the Lancaster County School system with the Indian Land Elementary School, Indian Land Middle School, and Indian Land High School.
The Firethorne Country Club features a world-class golf club with state-of-the-art swim, tennis, fitness, playground, 30,000 sq.ft. clubhouse, and dining amenities. The Country Club neighborhood enjoys the 18-hole golf course with natural rock walls and ponds with a forest backdrop. The tennis and swimming complex offers 10 courts and a water park consisting of four pools and a slide. There are various levels of membership available and homeowners are not required to join the Country Club.
Firethorne enjoys many local and national businesses located nearby.
- Blakeney (3 miles away), one of Charlotte’s most popular shopping, dining, and entertainment destinations; featuring national retailers including Target, HomeGoods/Marshalls, Banana Republic, and Victoria’s Secret, chic boutique shops, a huge variety of restaurants, a Harris Teeter grocery store and more.
- Stonecrest (5 miles away), a unique retail and dining experience where families enjoy live concerts and Regal Cinemas
- Morrison YMCA for sports, recreation, and exercise (4 miles away)
- Ballantyne area including the Ballantyne Village and the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge (4 miles away)
- South Park Mall (12 miles away) and Carolina Place Mall (7 miles away)