The Park Crossing neighborhood is located in South Charlotte off Park Road and just north of Pineville-Matthews Road (Rt. 51). Residents of Park Crossing have easy access to Pineville-Matthews Road (Rt. 51), South Boulevard, and I-485. The neighborhood is just 14 miles south of uptown Charlotte.
In the early 1990’s, construction of the Park Crossing homes began. Tree-lined streets and immaculately maintained yards are the norm in the community. Convenient location, mature trees, manicured lawns, a swim & tennis center, and a family-friendly neighborhood make Park Crossing a sought after place to live.
Park Crossing homes are served by the Charlotte-Mecklenburg School system with Smithfield Elementary School, Quail Hollow Middle School, and South Mecklenburg High School. Top private schools and preschools are also located close by.
Park Crossing enjoys an active Homeowners’ Association and Women’s Club. Residents benefit from many social activities geared for all ages and interests. They offer a wide variety of clubs for everyone to participate in, as well as many events running throughout the year. Such clubs include Book Club, Tapas and Desserts, Evening Bunco, etc. They sponsor events ranging from free family fun nights at the pool, the Annual 4th of July party complete with a cookout, games, and prizes.
In addition, residents may join the Park Crossing Recreation Club, which offers a wide range of activities: an extensive tennis program, a swim team program, and a social committee. The Club offers four hard courts and 2 soft courts and employs a teaching pro as well as men’s leagues, women’s leagues, doubles leagues, and USTA leagues. Park Crossing has a junior swim team which competes with other local clubs.
Park Crossing enjoys many local and national businesses located nearby.
- Carolina Place Mall (2 miles away) featuring national retailers including Macy’s, Barnes & Noble, Belk, H&M, REI, and variety of dining locations.
- Harris YMCA for youth and adult sports, recreation, and exercise (less than 4 miles away),
- South Park Mall and Philip’s Place (5 miles away) one of Charlotte’s most popular shopping, dining, and entertainment areas featuring national retailers including Nordstrom, Dick’s Sporting Goods, American Girl Store, H&M, chic boutique shops, and a variety of restaurants.
- Ballantyne Village and the Ballantyne Hotel & Lodge in the popular Ballantyne area(5 miles away)
- Stonecrest (less than 6 miles away), a unique retail and dining experience where families enjoy live concerts and Regal Cinemas, featuring national retailers including Target, Michael’s, chic boutique shops, a selection of restaurants, a Harris Teeter grocery store and more.